Experienced Seasonal Tax Preparer
- Prior experience in preparing tax returns and relevant training (prefer 2+ prior tax seasons).
- Strong aptitude for learning and self-starter.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and thrives in a team environment.
- Great opportunity for persons looking to reenter the job market.
- Flex time possible. Compensation dependent on experience.
- Tax preparation duties for corporations, partnerships, individuals, estates, trusts and not-for-profit entities.
- Preparing current, prior year, and amended federal and state tax returns.
- Questioning clients to obtain additional information on income, expenses and allowances.
- Preparing or assisting in preparing simple to complex returns for clients.
- Entering or verifying totals on forms prepared by clients to detect errors in arithmetic, data entry or procedures.
- Calculating owed or overpaid taxes, entering correct information on forms, following tax form instructions, tax tables, and applicable federal/state laws.
- Evaluating financial records such as W-2’s, 1099’s , income statements, and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare complete tax returns.
- Furnishing clients with sufficient information and advice in order to ensure correct tax form completion.
- Recognizing opportunities for providing additional services to clients.